Distribution Centre Design
A new distribution centre (DC) or warehouse is an opportunity to dramatically improve the efficiencies and performance outcomes of your supply chain and can act as a catalyst for whole of business improvement.
TM Insight brings a deep understanding of the latest warehousing innovations, including automation, one-touch flow principles and scenario modelling.TM Insight can design and construct a distribution centre or warehouse that meets your business needs and improves efficiency at a competitive cost. When designing and constructing a warehouse solution, we start with a comprehensive analysis of your current position, your future needs and the competitive landscape. We then review options and identify the best warehousing solution for your business and produce a comprehensive distribution centre design. Your distribution centre design includes physical layout, infrastructure, IT, process implementation and an operations manual to ensure the best possible performance.
TM Insight has extensive experience providing warehousing, distribution centre and supply chain management solutions to clients in industries including food, chemical, pharmaceuticals, retail, FMCG and manufacturing. We bring a big-picture perspective, ensuring your distribution centre project fits seamlessly with your wider logistics, supply chain management and warehousing imperatives.
Our services include:
- Improved layout concepts
- Scenario and modelling simulations
- Full NPV analysis covering fixed and variable costs
- Optimal one-touch flow principles
- Lean principles of buffering and JIT to minimise costs
- Cross-dock, flow-through, pick-and-pack, value added and kitting operations
- Commissioning and transition operations
- New workforce planning and training
- Materials handling systems, operations, engineered work standards and management productivity control systems
- Redesign of existing facilities
- A warehouse operations manual
- Project management including developing a time-phased implementation plan
- Identifying synergies across your supply chain network
Our services have driven the following improved business outcomes:
- Eliminate wasted efforts
- Optimising flow of product into, through and out of the DC
- Improved security and safety