A new DC is an opportunity to dramatically improve the efficiencies and performance outcomes of your supply chain and to act as a catalyst for whole of business improvement.
Our services include:
- Improved layout concepts
- Scenario and modelling simulations
- Full NPV analysis covering fixed and variable costs
- Optimal one-touch flow principles
- Lean priciples of buffering and JIT to minimise costs
- Eliminate wasted efforts
- Optimsing flow of product into, through and out of the DC
- Security and safety
- Cross-dock, flow through, pick and pack, value added and kitting operations
- Food, chemical, pharma, retail, FMCG, manufacturing and speciality DC’s
- Commissioning and transition operations
- New workforce planning and training
- Materials handling systems, operations, engineered work standards and management productivity control systems
- Redesign of existing facilities
- A warehouse operations manual
- Develop a time-phased implementation plan
Our DC design service develops new designs that meets your performance needs, maximize capacity and desired service levels at the lowest possible cost.
We start with a comprehensive analysis of your current and future needs, the competitive landscape and the best solutions for you. We then produce a comprehensive DC design including physical layout, infrastructure, IT, processes implementation and an operations manual to ensure the best possible performance.